Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Advice & Critiques»Advice? Good Tutorials?

Advice? Good Tutorials?

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 7 of 7 Comments
I've noticed some really lovely patterns with lots of gradients in them. I have Seamless Studio and Inkscape and can make rough gradients in Inkscape, but when I import them into seamless they're completely solid with no gradient at all. I'd like to add shading like other colourlovers.... how do I do this? I haven't had luck searching for tutorials on Youtube.

Thanks, guys!
First off I a real newbie to this so I'm probably wrong but here goes...It seems that you have to do layers. Make your basic shape, save it and upload to seamless, then do your gradients as small layers then save and upload those. I've been trying to make a basic paisley and that is how I got the interior lines and small embellishments in.
Thank you for the info, ginnysister.
I am stuck, I can't do anything. My device does not support Seamless or iOrnament. What else can I use? I haven't made any before, so it's all new to me. Thanks!
Pelican, you cannot design .svg for Colourlovers on a tablet. You may find an app and be able to design for ColorBuffs. On a desktop, you can use Seamless Lite, which is the flash app native to CL site, which works within a browser independent of OS platforms. I've been using that nearly exclusively for 2 years now. Works fine, but you cannot import gradients. I don't know if you've noticed that many aspects of Colourlovers have not been updated since before the iPad or other tablet launched. Nor are they likely to be so, so far as I can see. So you are probably stuck.
Thanks for sharing this advice I needed it.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
Wish everyone a happy weekend!!!!
If you need tools to work contact me now!!!
Fullz info – CVV – PAYPAL – Cashapp – DL SCAN
Telegram: paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
Update Fresh and Good Today 18/05/2024
#fullz info ssn dob dl usa
#fullz id scan
#fullz dead uk
#fullz info canada-uk

TELEGRAM: PAULSKY555
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
paulsky555
paulsky555
1 day ago
paulsky555
paulsky555
2 days ago
I'm online and looking for a good and long-term buyer, the tools are always available, quality to sell to everyone, especially never reseller

Telegram: Paulsky555

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.