Join in the Colorful Conversations

Looking for answers to your color questions, have some advice to give... or simply want to get to know your fellow COLOURlovers? You're in the right place.

Forums»Color Talk»Lover's Lounge»Advertising...Forums...and Bears oh my!

Advertising...Forums...and Bears oh my!

Create New Topic
Showing 1 - 20 of 22 Comments
Ok, first of all, these forums. They're terrible. There is no organization at all. Am I even posting this in the right section? Who knows? I can't really tell by the structure. And the spam that fills them is terrible. Is there any moderators? Does anyone care?

Secondly, the advertising this site uses is garbage! I use Firefox, and the site loads pretty terribly in this browser, but this is the browser I love so I try to cope. And I had to turn of my adblocker and my tracker blocker just to get the captcha to work. *Sigh*

That seems to have been a mistake with the advertising choice that this site uses. I accidentally clicked on one of the links because it loaded in as I was clicking another link and it hijacked my click. Thank goodness I have Virus Protection! It went off alerting me to a malicious system attack that it had blocked.

This is simply unacceptable. No, I don't want to meet any single Asians. No, I don't care how to cure Tinnitus. No, I don't want to see the most beautiful women in the world. Should I go on, because I have ZERO interest in ANY of the ads.

To sum this up, I'm frustrated at the fact that I just had an ad try to hijack my system. It shouldn't have happened, and it shouldn't be unreported or made to be ok for others to have worse happen. I LOVE this site, and I spend a lot of time here. There are other members here that I enjoy their work and respect their opinions. I don't want to leave here just because of ads. :(

PS. There are no bears. :P
The ads are terrible. I do understand that they do pay the rent so to speak. A great majority of them are not relevant. Not being relevant is only a small part of the problem, delayed loading causes pages to jump around resulting in "hijacked clicks, exposing colourlovers to unwanted and potentially dangerous content. Just like Bubbletripper I have no interest in any advertising content. For the most part I have learned to ignore the ads, but they do at times become intrusive and rude. Perhaps a better system to screen nefarious advertisers could be instituted?
I agree with everything that you both said (Bubbletripper and I C Hue)
I am so over the condition of digital communications/websites. Trial and error is not efficient use of anyone's
time. Suffering the choices of money-hungry organizations, is not conducive to creating art.
I'd rather stare at bird feeders.
the ads are ugly, frequently offensive, pointless, and make the site basically unusable. And no, using a different browser doesn't help at all. One of the 800 better color palette apps out there needs to add pattern functionality so CL isn't holding us hostage.

I had a brief moment of hope when I got the "redesign" notification. Note to the management: a new font does not improve a crappy site design. HTH.
I second all that users have said. I'm spending most of my time at www.colorbuffs.com.
So, I guess the response to complaints about the ads and lack of communication by the staff here is to stay completely quiet and ADD even more ads! It would almost be comical if it wasn't so darn sad....

I feel like I'm talking into the wind at this point. *sigh*

(Also, I sent a large rant about the virus issues and I got ZERO response. Thanks for the concern staff. I'm glad your concern for the users experience falls way below earning a quick buck!)
Not to sound as though I'm the expert here, but,
when you sent your rant, did you post on their Facebook page??
From what I’ve been told, the most effective way to reach them is through Twitter. Try that!
Actually, I sent it through the contact us form. I just assumed it would, you know, contact them. -_-; Thanks for the heads up though, SuezQ and OrigamiMei. I'll try a dm on twitter and see if that gets a response. =)
You’d think! The “contact us” form has been out of commission for quite a few years now. Someone needs to alter the link or get rid of it altogether.

Bubbletripper wrote:
Actually, I sent it through the contact us form. I just assumed it would, you know, contact them. -_-; Thanks for the heads up though, SuezQ and OrigamiMei. I'll try a dm on twitter and see if that gets a response. =)
Team
Hello guys! I sent your complaints to the tech staff and the marketing department. I am so sorry that's all I can do. If you have any additional issues, write to me directly at [email protected] and I will try to remind the developer to check it out again.
It’s good to know that you are in fact a legit member of staff and you’re passing along our concerns! Thank you muchly :)

editorCL wrote:
Hello guys! I sent your complaints to the tech staff and the marketing department. I am so sorry that's all I can do. If you have any additional issues, write to me directly at [email protected] and I will try to remind the developer to check it out again.
Team
Yes, I am. My name is Ana. Nice to meet you all!
I can't promise when exactly you'll get your answer because there are a lot of people involved in the process but I did send out the emails yesterday. Hopefully some things get sorted out. :)
Nice to I meet you, Ana! I’m Mei. :) having you here with us is awesome. We haven’t had a team member around these parts for a while!
editorCL wrote:

It's nice to meet you, Ana. Thank you for responding, and I appreciate you forwarding the issues to the appropriate people. I can't express to you enough just how wonderful it is to know that a staff member is listening and I'm not just talking into the wind. =)
Team
OrigamiMei wrote:
Nice to I meet you, Ana! I’m Mei. :) having you here with us is awesome. We haven’t had a team member around these parts for a while!
Nice to meet you Mei :)
Team
Bubbletripper wrote:
editorCL wrote:

It's nice to meet you, Ana. Thank you for responding, and I appreciate you forwarding the issues to the appropriate people. I can't express to you enough just how wonderful it is to know that a staff member is listening and I'm not just talking into the wind. =)
Nice to meet you! Yes, I do forward all the requests and questions. Things can be a little slow because there are teams that have different tasks and they all have to collaborate, but hopefully we'll be able to solve the issues one by one ^^
Indeed, it is so sad to see COLOURlovers in this condition.
i have had it with all the change of CL. All the discriptions of my pallettes are missing .there is something like i-MOO and then it goes to palettes that are not mine.
I am seriously thinking of deleting my account.
You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Discussion Comments

paulsky555
paulsky555
2 hours ago
BEST Sell Fullz info USA All State
BEST Sell Fullz info With ID Scan DL
BEST Sell Fullz UK + NIN
Telegram: paulsky555
paulsky555
paulsky555
2 hours ago
BEST Sell Fullz UK + NIN
paulsky555
paulsky555
2 hours ago
BEST Sell Fullz UK + NIN
paulsky555
paulsky555
2 days ago
GOOD Seller Fullz info ssn dob dl Number
GOOD Seller Fullz info DL photo ( front+back)
GOOD Seller Fullz info UK NIN+DL
paulsky555
paulsky555
2 days ago
GOOD Seller Fullz info ssn dob dl Number
GOOD Seller Fullz info DL photo ( front+back)
GOOD Seller Fullz info UK NIN+DL

Latest Articles

//View More ›

Latest Colors

//View More ›

Latest Palettes

//View More ›

Latest Patterns

//View More ›
X

Terms Updated

We’d like to inform you that we have updated our Terms of Use. The most substantive changes are:

This platform was acquired by a joint venture in Israel.
changes have been made to the relevant jurisdiction for disputes which may arise out of your use of the platform.
Changes made to the monetization of users’ creations and the ability to opt out from your account settings.

Please view the revised Terms here. If you don’t mind anything there, then you don’t need to do anything. Your continued use of the platform will constitute your acceptance of the latest version of the Terms. If you disagree with anything there, you can terminate your account within seven days from today.